The holiday season is upon us, and what better way to start your Christmas morning than with a delightful and comforting breakfast? Cinnamon Baked French Toast is not only a delicious treat but also an easy-to-make dish that adds a touch of warmth and festivity to your table. As someone who enjoys creating special moments during the holidays, I can attest that this recipe is a perfect addition to your Christmas traditions.
- 1 loaf of French bread, sliced
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Maple syrup, for serving
- Powdered sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a baking dish with butter or cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Prepare the Bread: Slice the French bread into 1-inch thick slices. Arrange the slices in the prepared baking dish, slightly overlapping each other.
- Prepare the Custard Mixture: In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, heavy cream, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, and salt until well combined.
- Pour the Custard Mixture: Pour the custard mixture evenly over the sliced bread. Ensure that each piece is well-coated with the delicious cinnamon-infused custard.
- Let it Soak: Allow the bread to soak in the custard mixture for at least 15-20 minutes. This step ensures that each bite is filled with the rich flavor of the custard.
- Bake to Perfection: Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the top is golden brown, and the custard is set.
- Serve Warm: Once baked, remove the Cinnamon Baked French Toast from the oven. Serve it warm, drizzled with maple syrup and a dusting of powdered sugar if desired.
For me, Christmas mornings are all about creating a cozy and joyous atmosphere for my family. This Cinnamon Baked French Toast has become a staple in our holiday traditions. The aroma of cinnamon wafting through the house as it bakes creates a sense of warmth and anticipation. The best part is that it’s not only delicious but also incredibly easy to make, allowing me to spend more time enjoying the holiday moments with my loved ones.
As I set the table with this festive dish, I’m reminded of the importance of simple pleasures during the holiday season. This recipe has a special place in my heart as it brings everyone together, setting the tone for a day filled with love and laughter.
More Festive Recipes
While you’re indulging in the joy of Christmas cooking, explore these other delightful recipes to enhance your holiday menu:
- Airfood Recipe: Discover innovative and delicious air-fried recipes that are healthy and flavorful.
- Best Recipes Ever: Explore a collection of tried-and-true recipes that stand the test of time, making them the best recipes ever.
- Deliciously Simple Christmas Sugar Cookies: Add a sweet touch to your holiday celebrations with these easy-to-make and irresistibly delicious Christmas sugar cookies.
- How to Make French Meat Stuffing Recipe: Elevate your holiday feast with a classic French meat stuffing recipe to impress your guests.
This Christmas, delight your family and friends with Cinnamon Baked French Toast’s warm and comforting taste. As you gather around the table, savoring each bite, you’ll enjoy a delicious breakfast and create lasting memories that make the holiday season truly special. Embrace the joy of simple pleasures and festive flavors, making this recipe a cherished part of your Christmas traditions.
For more culinary inspiration and various recipes, visit Food and Dieting. I wish you a Merry Christmas filled with love, laughter, and delightful moments around the table!